Here at MommyMatter we are getting very excited for Mother’s Day this upcoming weekend, which has of thinking of many great recipes that would be a delicious treat for everyone. We’ve already gave you guys our Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe, and last year we did a No-Bake Cheesecake Mini Dessert Recipe so why not add another delicious treat to the menu? I know, we like dessert… a lot. Check out another great recipe now!
Apple Browned Butter Cheesecake Brunettes
Makes 12 cheesecake “brunettes”
- 1 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Apple Butter Cheesecake Topping
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup apple butter (I used Whole Earth All Natural Tap’nApple Apple Butter Spread)
- Melt 9 tablespoons of unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks) into a skillet (not non-stick) over medium heat. Whisk continuously and the butter will begin to bubble within a couple of minutes. When the bubbling slows down and it begins to foam, watch carefully as the butter begins to slowly brown. It will look as though a red powder has formed underneath the melted butter. At this point, you can take it off the heat, and transfer to a large heat safe bowl (or just do the next step directly in the pan and then transfer to a large bowl once it’s cooled a bit)
- Add the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar directly to the butter and mix.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add vanilla and room temperature egg to the butter and sugar mixture, combine thoroughly.
- Cut softened cream cheese into cubes and place into a bowl with 1 egg yolk and sugar. Mix on medium speed with an electric or handheld mixer until fully combined and creamy. Add the apple butter and mix to fully incorporate.
- Line a 9″ square pan with aluminum foil and grease with nonstick cooking spray. Allow foil to overhang the sides, so there will be easy removal once brownies are cooked and cooled.
- In 3 batches, combine flour mixture to the wet mixture until fully mixed together.
- Pour batter into lined and greased pan, spread evenly. Top with cheesecake mixture and also spread that evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven on the middle rack for about 25-30 minutes, or until cheesecake on top is fully set. (Mine needed more time, so I covered the pan with tin foil and placed it on the lower middle rack to finish baking, but check on it at 25 minutes first.)
- Once done, cool pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes until set enough to lift out of pan. Grabbing the tin foil overhang, lift out of the pan and allow to fully cool on wire rack. Then cut into squares, and enjoy! And once you cut into these blondies you will understand the brunette sub-title; because of the coloring of these awesome little squares.