When it comes to the holiday time, MommyMatter finds themselves baking a lot of things, especially cupcakes for the kids holiday activities at school. Since we are away this year for all the Christmas fun, we felt it was necessary to bake cupcakes for the last day that they’ll be in attendance.
The recipe winner of the cupcake challenge was our Gingerbread Cupcakes. When we think of Christmas we think of gingerbread houses and Christmas trees. Since we couldn’t really make a bunch of cupcakes taste like Christmas trees without upsetting a bunch of 5 year olds, we went with gingerbread!
Check out our Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe now…
Gingerbread Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose (plain) flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 oz (90g) butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp corn syrup (golden syrup)
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F (170 degrees C)
- Sift the flours, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Using an electric mixer, beat until combined and lightens in color (approx. 2 minutes)
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Makes 12 cupcakes. Frost with cream cheese frosting or eat plain.