There are some cookies in this world I love, to the point I will generally spend a fortune on them because they are just so delicious. Lately, I have been trying to be more money smart with the foods that we are consuming, so I went on the hunt for my favourite cookies. I of course don’t know the name of the cookies, just their physical appearance and deliciousness. This didn’t make it too hard to recreate the recipe thankfully because oh ya, I love them and KNOW what they were made of. Since I love them, and everyone I gave cookies too liked them I thought I’d share my recipe with you.
Jammie Bodgers Cookie Recipe
Makes 20 cookies full size or 40 mini sized
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled & diced
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 water if dough doesn’t form easily
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature, diced
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 5 tbsp strawberry jam (not incorporated into the above ingredients, leave on side)
- Put flour and butter in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar & egg yolk and process until the mixture starts to form a dough
- If dough isn’t forming, add in warm water slowly until dough starts to form
- Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Shape into a ball, wrap with clear film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Grease two baking sheets
- Roll out dough thinly on a lightly floured surface and cut out rounds.
- Re-roll the trimmings and cut out more rounds until you have 40
- Place half the cookie rounds on a prepared baking sheet
- Using a smaller cutter, cut out centres of the remaining cookies
- Place these rounds on the second baking sheet
- Bake cookies approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on wire rack and cool completely
- To make buttercream, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth & creamy
- Using a palette knife, spread a little buttercream on to each whole cookie
- Spoon a little jam onto buttercream
- Press the cut out cookies on top allowing the jam to fill the space
Ta da! You have the best cookies EVER! Okay, to me they are. They are so delicious and tasty, that I can never resist these bad boys.