Today I sat trying to think of some delicious recipes for Mother’s Day that someone *hint hint* could make me this weekend. Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy cooking, but I am never one to say no to someone else doing is for me.
With Mother’s Day only a few days away I thought it was time for us to give you guys that perfect Mother’s Day dinner idea that is so easy to make your husband won’t complain… too much.
Mother’s Day Crock Pot Dinner Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3 lb/1.5 kg)
- 1 bag (1 lb) ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) seasoned salt
- 2/3 cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Green Giant* Frozen Niblets* or Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn or 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) Green Giant* Niblets* or Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn
- If pork roast comes in netting or is tied, remove netting or strings. Remove fat from pork. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, place pork. Arrange carrots around and on top of pork. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, the honey, vinegar and seasoned salt; pour over pork and carrots.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork and vegetables from cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
- In small bowl, mix 2/3 cup barbecue sauce and the flour; gradually stir into juices in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Stir in corn. Cover; cook 5 minutes longer. Serve sauce over pork and vegetables.
Now this is a meal any Mother would love to have served to her. Nice and simple for Dad and kiddies to make. And don’t let them forget they are in charge of the clean-up in the kitchen too. For more recipe ideas make sure to check out all the recipes we have here at MommyMatter now!