It is that time of year again, when all the delicious treats we long for are back in season. Yes, PUMPKINS! There are so many different things that you can make with pumpkins beyond your usual pumpkin faces. Today we thought we’d bring you a recipe most have probably never thought to make, and something that is very delicious.
I’ve always been a fan of sweet potato fries covered in spicy seasonings. This is a new favorite – much healthier than fries, as they are not truly “fried” but are baked instead. If we at MommyMatter can avoid fried, we do it. This is one recipe that is going to get used excessively over the next few weeks. Hope you enjoy it!
Spicy Pumpkin Fries Recipe
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 40 min
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sprinkling of fresh Black Pepper
- 1/4 Pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Peel pumpkin using a potato peeler
- Cut 1/4 of the pumpkin into fry-shaped pieces (2-3 inches long, 1/4-1/2 inch thick)
- Toss fries in Olive Oil, Curry Powder, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, and Onion Powder. Sprinkle with Black Pepper.
- Arrange fries in one layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 30 minutes (until soft enough that a toothpick easily goes through)