26 Nov Wiener Water Soup – Recipe for Advanced Chefs
Today, while sitting in my office slash kitchen (yep totally just wrote out the slash) I was trying to think of what to write over here. Of course, being in the offihen I thought, why don’t I do a recipe. I love cooking and well let’s face it I am what I like to call the “Master of the Kitchen”.
This recipe is so damn complicated. If you do not have advanced cooking skills, I would not attempt it. It is just a nail biter of a recipe. So let’s get right into it!
Wiener Water Soup Recipe
This recipe requires the use of a crockpot. If you do not have a crockpot you can also use a microwave or oven or build a big fire in your backyard and do it up hobo style, but I prefer crock potting it up!
- One package of hot dogs (we use Top Dogs from Maple Leaf, unless there is another brand that is on sale)
- 6 normal sized cans of Maple Baked Beans or 3 large cans of Maple Baked Beans (no we do not use the tomato kind, they are disgusting)
- Bread (preferably white but if you’re all fancy healthy, go for the whole wheat. No rye, that’s just not right with this recipe)
- Butter (not margarine, use bud-der people, it tastes better)
- Open cans of beans with can opener
- Dump beans into crock pot
- Cut open hot dog packaging
- Slice hot dogs into bite sized pieces
- Put hot dogs into crock pot
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 2 hours
- Stir throughout cooking (or don’t, your choice)
- Turn off crockpot
- Scoop into bowls
- Toast bread in toaster
- Spread butter onto the now toast
- Cut toast into triangles or leave whole if you want to use the toast as a plate
Now you might be thinking, this sounds like Wieners & Beans. Well, you are right! It is exactly that but several years ago when WeeMan was younger he labelled this meal as wiener water soup and the name has stuck. It is amusing to us especially when he tells others he’s having wiener water soup for dinner. At first people thought he was serious and that I fed my kids wiener water; because I am THAT awesome of a parent!
If you haven’t figured it out yet, this recipe was pretty much me just being a bit of a smart ass. This is the most complicated recipe around! It is a meal I’ve loved since I was a kid, and a meal my kids also love. Now, get into that kitchen and cook some food! Remember, not all meals have to be these massive masterpieces. Spend that time you’d be cooking with your kids and just relax for once.